The Ministry of Culture and Sports has granted the Matilde Tamayo Foundation the label of Culture and Patronage, to give visibility to its project, allowing it to identify immediately that the Matilde Tamayo Foundation is contributing to the promotion of cultural patronage.
The International Prize of Pop Stram Painting is convened according to the following rules:
- The International Pop Stram Painting Prize has international scope, being able to participate in it, free of charge, Spanish or foreigner painters without age limits. The participation in this competition implies the full acceptance of these rules, without any exception, so the participants are obliged to its strict compliance at all times.
- The artworks to be presented must have the Pop Stram style, with the following requirements: The Pop Stram style is a new artistic movement created by the artist Ciscu Tamayo, is characterized by the combination of two indispensable elements: – Outlandish Element(s): is understood by odd animal/human mixtures or any clear distortion of reality, in order to explain or enhance the narrative message of the work. 2.-Popular element(s), objects, public figures, logos, popular commercial images and very recognizable by the world population, in order to promote the message of the work, facilitating the entrance and understanding of the spectator to the work.
These two elements, are the basis of the pop style Stram, the popular element aims to put art available to be understood by all the humanity, to make people feel comfortable with the vision of something known, in contrast to other painting styles of general difficulty of understanding. the outlandish element is a reflection of our current society, the lack of values, the strange news that every day occurs on our planet, must be reflected with totally unreal figures, as an example: half human figures / half animals, machines with human parts, clearly distorted and unreal elements of nature, etc.
Pop Stram artworks can have different narratives, and all of them are valid: Memories, longings, emotions, criticism, dreams, protest, etc.
- If any doubts arise about the fulfillment of these requirements in the work, please contact the Matilde Tamayo Foundation through our website: org or by email: email@example.com
- Each author can participate with a maximum of two artworks which may be independent works or be part of the same series. In any case, no participant may be awarded for more than one work in this edition.
- The paintings shall be completed and ready to be physically submitted at the time of nomination.
- The artworks shouldn’t measure less than 60 x 81 centimetres and shouldn’t measure more than 100 x 150 centimetres. Only pictorial works with oil, acrylic or other industrial media will be accepted. Works made with digital techniques will not be accepted. Artworks do not need to be framed; the works protected with glass will not be accepted.
Dynamics of participation:
- Participation in the International Prize of Pop Stram Painting will be carried out exclusively through the internet. Participants must register by submitting their candidacy through the web page matildetamayo.org. On this website they will find a form to fill in, in which they can attach up to a maximum of three (3) photographs of each work submitted to the competition (a maximum of 2 works can be presented) in addition to the documentation referred to in point 6 of these bases.
- The participation period begins on June 30, 2019 and ends on December 30, 2019. No submission will be accepted outside this deadline, The Matilde Tamayo Foundation reserves the right to extend these deadlines if it deems it appropriate.
- In January 2020 the jury will elect from among all the candidates, 30 artists who will have the status of pre-selected in the International Prize of Pop Stram Painting. The list of the 30 finalists will be made public on the website and will be notified to the interested parties directly.
- Matilde Tamayo Foundation will contact the 30 finalists to proceed with the shipping of the original artworks. The packaging must be a rigid box or similar format in such a way as to allow easy opening and closing for its reutilization for its transfers to expositions and subsequent return.
- The shipping costs of the selected works will be paid by the artist, the return of the artworks not awarded will be in postage due.
In special cases of lack of financial means which can be justified, it may be requested that these shipping costs be paid by the Foundation, Matilde Tamayo Foundation is in its right to accept or deny this possibility.
- The Matilde Tamayo Foundation is not responsible for any deterioration of the works during the transport of the works or because of inadequate packaging.
- The Matilde Tamayo Foundation allows a maximum of two (2) works to be submitted to the competition for each participant. In addition, it wants to reward the artworks by evaluating the potential of the artist. For this purpose, participants must complete the registration form shown in the “Participate” section of the web page www.matildetamayo.org accompanied by the following technical documentation:
– ID card or residence card in PDF format (optional)
– Address, telephone, mail.
– Curriculum Vitae indicating the professional career of the artist in PDF format.
– Up to a maximum of three (3) photographs of each artwork submitted to the contest in JPG format and with a maximum weight of 3Mb per image.
– Title of the artwork(s) (optional).
– Actual measures of the artwork(s) submitted (high x wide).
– Brief description of the artwork(s) submitted
– Dossier with artworks from recent years in PDF format (optional).
– Documents attached in PDF format may not exceed 3 megabytes per document.
- From among the candidacies presented, the Jury will select those considered more suitable, evaluating the quality of the submitted artworks in relation to the Pop Stram style previously defined.
- The jury which decide on the award of the International Prize of Pop Stram Painting, shall select a maximum of 30 works for physical reception. These artworks will be exhibited at the NAUART Gallery (C/ Espronceda 156 in Barcelona) at the end of the call. From among the 30 finalists’ artworks physically received, the jury will choose in December 2019, 3 winners that will be published on the website of the Matilde Tamayo Foundation. The names of the three winners will be announced on the day of the award ceremony, which will be held at the opening of the POP STRAM exhibition at NAUART during the month of January 2020.
- The decision of the jury shall be final.
Economic Endowment and Taxation Awards:
- The International Prize of Pop Stram Painting is equipped with the following amounts for the Winners of each category:
– Winner of the International Prize of Pop Stram Painting: 1.500 euros
–2nd Prize: 1.000 euros.
– 3rd Prize: 800 euros.
- All taxes levied on the receipt of Prizes shall be payable on behalf of the prize winners, without prejudice to the following point with Regard to the applicable withholding tax. The Matilde Tamayo Foundation is exonerated of any Responsibility in this Regard.
Acquisition of ownership of the works awarded by the organizing entity:
- The winning artworks in each of the 3 categories, will become property of the Matilde Tamayo Foundation on the date on which the jury’s decision is made public. The financial allocations indicated above include consideration which, if any, would be appropriate as a lump sum to satisfy the authors awarded for the purchase of their artworks. The acquisition of exclusive ownership of the awarded works also includes any rights of exploitation, distribution, exhibition, disclosure, reproduction, transformation, public communication, etc., and, in general, any legally transmissible rights, in their broadest sense and with the maximum legal scope possible, which may be exercised by the Matilde Tamayo Foundation in any way deemed convenient and without any time or territorial limitation.
International Prize of Pop Stram Painting Exhibition:
- The Matilde Tamayo Foundation will have an exhibition in February 2020, with the 30 artworks selected, the exhibition will be in Nauart Gallery in Barcelona. The Foundation reserves the possibility of holding various exhibitions with all the selected artworks during 2020 to spread the Pop Stram style throughout the National and International territory.
Withdrawal of Unawarded Artworks:
- Unawarded artworks, shall be shown in various exhibitions organized by the Foundation during 2020, the authors will be asked to confirm the sale of these artworks.
- The address originally provided in the registration form cannot be changed without prior notice to the Foundation.
- These artworks will be returned after the exhibitions.
- The Matilde Tamayo Foundation will put the utmost care in the preservation of the artworks received, but declines all responsibility for loss, damage, theft or any other act that may occur during their transport, deposit or exhibition.